Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today in the Heartland of America....

THE JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION 5K!!!!

Jer and Layla all geared up and ready to go!!! We had the cutest baby there =D


The beautiful boardwalk in downtown Omaha!!


Look at all the balloons!!!!


All checked in and waiting to start.


Yes, we're goofy.


The beautiful starting line. I love balloons!!


On the boardwalk...we were having some fun.



Our ride.


The beautiful city skyline.


Yummy hand.


Yay! Balloons!





Happy little family!



Yummy?


Chomp! Chomp!


Finally, lined up and ready to GO!


Hey, no problem. Glad I can help =D


Heading out to the park.


Cool memorial in Heartland of America Park.


Barely made it passed the starting line.


I wanted to race them so bad!



Making a difference, one nap at a time!


The first time I looked back and I could believe how many people were walking!! They were still coming through the start when we were halfway through!


The amazing volunteers that kept everyone (including the dogs) hydrated and they cheered us on!


And they're still coming from the start! Amazing!




oooh, pretty colors!


Doggies, walking for the cure!


Oooh La La...that's French right?


"Stop looking at me swan."




Sweatin' for the cure.


The cops came to calm down the rowdy walkers. It got a little crazy. JK.


A bird?! On roller skates?!


Ah, the finish line.
Well done Omaha!



I would just like to thank everyone who donated to help support me walking. We did a great job and I know that we raised a lot of money to help fund the research to help find the cure for diabetes!! I had a great time, and the local organizers did a great job setting it all up! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Delaney the Undead said...

okay so question....do you have diabetes?

Jenna said...

No, but Jeremy and I both have a lot of family members with it.