Sunday, September 14, 2008

102 minutes that changed the world.



Tonight The History Channel had a show called 102 Minutes That Changed The World. It was all footage from news stations and civilians with their video cameras that lived and/or worked around the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. I was only able to stomach about 20 minutes of the hour long show before I had to change it to Best Week Ever because I needed something a little morel light hearted. Having to watch the horror that happened that day brought tears to my eyes. No, not one or two glistening tears, I mean tear after tear after tear rolling down my face. Watching all those people covered in ash running for their lived, choking, and vomiting just made me sick to my stomach. Seeing people jump out of windows on the high floors just so they didn't have to burn alive up there made me sick to my stomach. So many lives were lost that day, and no matter how good or bad they were in this live, none deserved that fate. No one deserves to have their lives cut short like that. So many people lost loved ones that day and are still living in grief from what those terrorists did.
It is very hard for me to believe that any American out there can watch the footage of that day and still not support the war on terrorism. I know that President Bush isn't the most popular president we've ever had, but I honestly believe he has done a great job under these circumstances. I support any president that would go to great lengths to protect American soil and to avenge any pain and suffering caused on American soil. President Bush was a great Commander-In-Cheif and I was proud to serve him, just as I am proud of my husband for serving.
I hope everyone was able to tune in and watch "102 Minutes That Changed The World" and if not I'm pretty sure they'll be replaying that for a while...at least I hope so. Every American needs to watch that and remember how they felt that fateful day and see the pain and destruction the terrorists caused in our homeland.

One thing that upsets me is all those cospiracy idiots. A lot of the "facts" and "statistics" are completely fabricated and video evidence is edited to help prove their ludicrous points. It hurts me to see these nut jobs exploit the pain and suffering that so many families went through that day. Here is a website that my friend, Todd, gave me that I really like. I encourage everyone to go there and read it. It's a great site. Just click here
P.S. Todd, you rock! Go bomb some terrorists!!!

1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Next time call me, I would have liked to watch it.