Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Rainy. It was supposed to rain ALL DAY yesterday, but we lucked out late afternoon and evening for fireworks time! Today is rainy, but warm. It's not too bad.


Things that make me happy:
FIREWORKS AND FREEDOM! And popsicles.


Book I'm reading:
Dawn of the Dreadfuls. I didn't like Pride & Prejudice & Zombies as much as I thought I would, and I had already bought the prequal so I figured I'd hurry and get through it. Terrible so far.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Dinosaur Train
The Bachelorette
Pretty Little Liars (GUILTY pleasure! It's so suspenseful, but silly!)
re-runs of all my favorite crime dramas; Bones, The Mentalist, and Castle.


On the menu for dinner:
Something with chicken and left over potato salad!


On my To Do List:
Laundry.
Shopping.
Getting ready for my sister to visit and our road trip to Utah!


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I really want to make some homemade popsicles with fresh fruit and yogurt.


In the craft basket:
Nothing really.


Looking forward to this week:
Jeremy is on leave, so we get this whole week to hang out and spend time with him! We're going to go to the zoo and go swimming and shopping and just have FAMILY time!!


Tips and Tricks:
Layla got really excited about potty training when we let her wear big girl panties after she went peepee in her potty. Let your toddler wear some big kid undies so they know how great it feels to not wear a diaper. Great motivation to go in the potty!!


My favorite blog post this week:
There are a couple of good ones out there this week.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I have a new book review blog and my Run 4 Red Ribbon charity blog both have links on the top right of this blog. Check them out!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

















On my mind:

Still planning out how I'm going to pack the van and what I need to bring for our road trip to Utah!

hhm

No comments: