Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Still in Northern California visiting with my family. It's HOT as heck here! I don't mind it too much though because it's dry heat. I'm glad to be away from the humidity.

Things that make me happy:
Hanging out with my family.
Sore muscles from an AMAZING work out yesterday!
Cuddling with my honey {I can't wait for him to come home!}
Reading to my daughter.

Book I'm reading:
Becoming Jane Austen by Jon Spence.
{Yeah, yeah. You don't have to tell me twice. I'm a complete Jane Austen nerd.}

What I'm enjoying on TV:
The Bachelor Pad starts tonight!
Pretty Little Liars
Ghost Hunters International


On the menu for dinner:
No idea.


On my To Do List:
Finish some laundry (I'm wearing one of my dad's shirts because mine are in the washer!)
Sew some quilts and a pillow case.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Cheesecake bars from Bakerella.

In the craft basket:
I have 4 blankets I need to sew!

Looking forward to this week:
Well heading home will be bitter sweet. I'm looking forward to a road trip with my mom, and sleeping in my own bed, but it's going to be hard to say good bye to my family. Layla and I will miss everyone!


Tips and Tricks:
If you're not that great with a sewing machine keep someone around who knows what they're doing. Thanks mom =)


My favorite blog post this week:
I haven't been reading too many blogs lately =(


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Nothing new.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




















On my mind:

Road trip that's coming up. I'm excited to get home and get ready for autumn. I'm so ready for the seasons to change!

No comments: