Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Homemake Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's quite warm and sunny, but the clouds are slowly rolling in for some late afternoon thunderstorms we're supposed to get.


Things that make me happy:
Beating my run times. Shaved a few minutes off of my 5k personal best.

Book I'm reading:
The Darcys and the Bingleys by Marsha Altman.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Ghost Whisperer


On the menu for dinner:
Fettuccine Alfredo


On my To Do List:
Run 2 miles
Clean bathroom


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
My mom's homemade scones and sloppy joes.

In the craft basket:
Finish dinner time magnets.


Looking forward to this week:
Logging some more miles towards the Run 4 Red Ribbon project.

Tips and Tricks:
I don't think I have any today.


My favorite blog post this week:
I liked Sandra's post on being too dependent on technology.
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I haven't discovered any new blogs this week, but I have started one of my own. I'm doing some charity work for Peak 4 Poverty. This blog chronicles my journey of helping them. Check it out, and donate if you can!
http://jennar4rproject.blogspot.com/

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





















Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterWell, I was feeling some pain in my shins after a lot of running this week and I just ignored it, and instead of resting I went for a long run yesterday. Big mistake. I need to learn to listen to my body. I should have taken it easier because today I'm hurting pretty bad.


On my mind:
Getting my shins better so I can keep running.

hhm

2 comments:

Anna said...

Fettuccine Alfredo sounds yummy! I haven't made any for some time.

Sandra said...

Love Fettucine Alfredo....and my word that is the cutest picture.