Monday, October 6, 2008

Belated Thank You For Grama Bird!

While my mom was out here visiting we did a lot of shopping and she got a lot of cool stuff for Layla's room. We also ordered the missing parts for the dresser and she put that together and got it working right, finally!!!

This is Layla enjoying the crib that my parents got for her. I painted the wood letters that are hanging above it. My grandma stitched that afghan that is hanging on the back of the crib for me when I was little, and my parents got us that mobile.

My friend, Steph got us that soother next to the mobile. It really does soothe Layla. The mattress Layla sleeps on was also given to us by my parents.

Jeremy and I got those canvas paintings that are hanging by the window. Layla loves to growl at the lion. My parents gave me that awesome glider for my first mother's day. My mom also got that lamp that perfectly matches the room while she was out here visiting.

These animals on the wall are my favorite!! They are so cute, and my mom did a great job hanging them =) That is the dresser that Jeremy's parents got for us. Jer started putting it together, but it didn't come with all the necessary parts. While my mom was here she was able to get it put together =) My mom also bought that while shelf and the little baskets in it. She also bought most of the books on the shelf and the clothes in the dresser.





The jungle themed quilts were made by my mom. Layla loves the faces of the animals on them.

2 comments:

PJ and Me said...

I love her room it is so cozy. The first picture looks like aunt Debby's baby pics.

Trish said...

Your mom rocks! So talented and crafty... And you can tell that she's enjoying being a grandma.

Love the Layla letters. Good job!

Layla's a little princess of the jungle.