Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Homemake Monday!

hhm


Weather in my neck of the woods:

Thunderstorms the next few days!

Things that make me happy:

Mommy and Toddler pilates. Layla and I had so much fun laughing and exercising this morning. Most of the 35 minute work out didn't even feel like a work out, but I know I was working those muscles hard!


Book I'm reading:
I'm about to start reading Mansfield Park. I've been meaning to start it since I got back from California, but I haven't really felt like it. I'll get to it this week.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Parenthood on NBC. I'm so in love with that show!

On the menu for dinner:
Something with chicken probably. Haven't really decided.

On my To Do List:
Clean bathrooms. Vacuum.


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I found a recipe for a blackberry-banana smoothie that looks YUMMY!


In the craft basket:
scrapbooking!


Looking forward to this week:
Layla's 2nd birthday!!


Tips and Tricks:
When you make icing to flood sugar cookies always err on the side of too much icing! You don't want to run out of icing mid-decorating and then realize you didn't stock up on supplies.


My favorite blog post this week:
I haven't really read any blogs since I've been back. I need to start catching up soon.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I loooove Not So Idle Hands. She's so creative and gives me the best ideas for crafting! I've been following her a while, but she may be new to some of you.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:

Always stock up on what you'll be needing in the kitchen while cooking or for!


On my mind:
Getting some running in today. When and where am I going to do it? How long shall I run for? Set a time limit or mileage?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Layla this week!

I love thunderstorms (when I'm cosy in my house though) and Mansfield Park - enjoy.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Your pilates class sounds GREAT! I'd love to do something like that. The smoothie sounds amazing. Will you share?

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday to your little babe :)

BTW, I got your card in the mail and it just made me smile, give your little 2 month old a hug from me, it's the perfect birdie card :)

Hope you got the one I sent.

Have a great weekend,
Sandra