Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's actually quite warm! The sun is shining and there is hardly any wind! Beautiful day to spend outside with my little one.


Things that make me happy: My family's health. We took Layla to the doctor for her 2-year check up today and she is doing very well developmentally and growing like a weed!


Book I'm reading:
Bikram Yoga by Bikram Choudhury. I take the hot yoga class and it's doing wonders for my body and mind!

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Parenthood and Biggest Loser on NBC
Dancing with the Stars on ABC

On the menu for dinner:
I think I'm going to make Rocco DiSpirito's HEALTHY fettuccine alfredo. We haven't had it since the first time I tried it.


On my To Do List:
Meeting some friends for lunch.Run a few errands.
Exercise!


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I want to try and make a marinara sauce with turkey meat for some yummy spaghetti.

In the craft basket:
Scrapbooking


Looking forward to this week:
Jeremy might get some time off at the end of the week so we can have some quality family time before deployments this summer.


Tips and Tricks:
Ice shin splints. I'm currently suffering from them and it's all I can do to make them better.


My favorite blog post this week: 'Ice Cream Man Come Here!' post on Not so idle hands blog. Too cute! I remember doing the same thing as a child!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
RunnerDude's blog. Love it!


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Lesson learned the past few days:
If you're in a little bit of pain, rest. Don't work yourself even harder because then your injuries get worse. It's kind of common sense and I can just kick myself for pushing myself too hard on my run yesterday.


On my mind:
Summer plans. We've got a lot going on starting in the middle of May all the way through August. It's going to be busy!

hhm

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Awww that is a cute picture :)

Hope you're having a great day.