Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's beautiful and sunny. Just got back in from watering my beautiful flowers. It's a little too windy for my taste though.


Things that make me happy:
The funny little noises my toddler makes when she's trying to read.

Book I'm reading:
Mansfield Park.


What I'm enjoying on TV:Dancing with the Stars!
Go Ochocinco!


On the menu for dinner:
No idea.

On my To Do List:
Clean up the living room, clean my craft room, and run another 5k today.


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I really want to get Rocco Dispirito's new cookbook "Now Eat This" and try EVERYTHING in it!

In the craft basket:
Scrapbooking. Of course.


Looking forward to this week:
Finishing my goal of running 5k everyday.


Tips and Tricks:
Always use a towel soaked in HOT water to clean up sticky beverages. If it's cold water it won't get all the stickyness up and all dirt in the room will be attracted to that ONE spot.


My favorite blog post this week:
I love the vlogs posted by Natalie at run1000miles.com
She's funny and creative, and doing and excellent job.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:
Time flies. My only child turned 2 on Friday, and I just can't believe how big she's gotten! She also started potty training this weekend and went both poopoo and peepee in the potty. I am just so proud of her!


On my mind:
Whether or not I'm going to have to drive to Utah alone this summer. Jer might be deployed for my birthday and won't be able to come on the family camping trip =*( It's going to be difficult to drive all the way there with just me and Layla =*(

8 comments:

Kayla said...

Sad! I thought you guys were ALL coming for the reunion! did he just find out that he can't come?

Jenna said...

Yeah, he just found out he might have to deploy around that time =*( I'm so sad now!

Anonymous said...

I love Mansfield Park. Your little one looks so cute in her birthday dress.

Anonymous said...

...I meant to add, I hope that you don't have to drive to Utah alone.

I enjoyed reading your Happy Homemaker Monday post.

Jenna said...

Thanks =) I hope I don't have to make the 12 hour drive with a toddler by myself either =(

Lydia said...

Hi Jenna, nice blog & good snaps. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Sandra said...

Are you enjoying Mansfield Park?

Happy Birthday to your little one :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Jenna!

Thanks for following my blog! I wanted to come over and say hi! I read on your other blog that you started hot yoga. I have been wanting to try that - it sounds like it would be good!

I'm sorry to hear that your husband might deploy this summer and you will have to drive to Utah by yourself with your daughter.

I am excited to get to know you!

XOXO
Jen