Friday, May 9, 2008

My, how she's grown!

Today my little baby is one month old! She finally started gaining weight at three weeks and is now quite the little chunker. Layla is becoming more aware of her parents and responds to our voices. She'll follow the sound of our voice if we move around the room. She's starting to stay awake at longer intervals and taking longer naps (which mommy and daddy enjoy!) In the morning after Jeremy has left for work and Layla gets fussy I bring her into bed with me and she take a nap near my head. Sometimes when she wake up she starts kicking and punching, which isn't fun for my face, but I enjoy our mommy and baby naptime!
Right now she's laying in her daddy's arms and they are both passed out on the couch. It's such a precious sight to see the two loves of my life together and happy.
Last week my parents finally came to visit, and it was so good to see them and how they interact with their first grandbaby. They've been so supportive of our marriage and pregnancy from the moment I told them the news, and I am very thankful I have such amazing and understanding parents.
This past month has been such a wonderful experience, and I love being a mother! I was so scared leading up to birth that I wouldn't know what to do, how to hold her, how to take care of her, but everything has seem to come so natural to Jeremy and I. He's the best father I could have asked for for my child.

1 comment:

Fausett Family Facts said...

We had a great time seeing you and meeting Jeremy and Layla. You are such a cute little mom, dad and I are so proud of you. It will be fun for you to start your own little family traditions. Know dad and I will always love you a&f and no matter what. I have no doubt you and Jeremy will do a great job!! Hang on, it is a great ride. love you!!