Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence Day


It's July 4th! It's a time to celebrate that we live in a free country. Millions of Americans will celebrate their own way, but most will probably be having cook outs. Barbequeing, swimming, and just having lots of fun outdoors. I hope that everyone takes a moment out of their day to remember the reason we are celebrating. I hope that despite all the things that are happening in American politics that we can all unite and agree that this is a great country we live in. I know I'm proud to be an American!
Also, I hope that everyone takes the time to remember all the loved ones that have given their lives for this great country. Think of all the loved ones that are currently deployed (like my husband,) and all those brave men and women that put themselves in harm's way protecting our streets (like my dad.)
So everyone be safe, have fun, and don't forget those that are responsible for the United States of America being united and free!!! Let Freedom ring...and no drinking & driving.

No comments: