Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

I got this idea from Sandra, over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. She answers these questions every Monday for her followers.

hhm


The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's been rainy, and we're supposed to get more rain tonight, which is a disappointment from last weeks sunny weather. I'm just glad the temperature hasn't gone down. It finally got up to the 40's and with all that sun last week the snow is almost all melted. There are still big patches of ice in areas that are blocked from the sun, but hopefully this week and next, the warm temperatures will keep climbing and it will all be gone soon. I'm looking forward to SPRING!


One of my simple pleasures:
Cuddling with Layla and Jer in our bed. Ever since Layla was sick over Christmas she's been sleeping with us almost every night and it's been really nice cuddling all three of us. She just got her own big girl bed this week though, and last night was her first night spending the entire night in her bed! I'm so proud of my big girl, but I miss her too!


On my bedside table:
Persuasion

On my TV:
Well, right now Curious George because Layla is eating some yogurt and watching her favorite monkey so I can sit here and blog. We're been watching Biggest Loser all season and I look forward to the new episodes on Tuesday nights.

On the menu for tonight:
Spinach and Cheese Quinoa with grilled chicken. Yummy!!


On my To Do List:
Clean out the Fridge (it smells awful!)
Start the laundry


New Recipe I tried last week:
Didn't try anything new last week, but the quinoa is a new recipe I'll be trying tonight.


In the craft basket:
Scrapbooking! I am so far behind on my scrapbooking, and I really need to start catching up.


Looking forward to:
Warm weather! I love winter and the snow, but I'm ready for warmer weather and dressing Layla up in cute little dresses!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Reusing glass jars on Sandra's blog. Such a fun idea!

Favorite photo from last week:

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love that photo, she looks so cute :)

Glad you like the jars idea, it's been a life saver for me :)