Monday, March 8, 2010

What I've Been Up To...

Getting Ready For Spring:
In the past few weeks I've really been looking forward to Spring. It's pretty much all I talk and think about. So Every week I've been getting fresh flowers for my house. I have a lot of differently shaped glass vases that are all clear glass, but last week I decided to use this old tea pot to hold some pretty little daisies that I got. This tea pot belonged to my great-grandma Mary who brought it with her from Yugoslavia when she brought my papa here to the states.
Running:
I took up running to get back into shape. I've put on a lot of weight since Layla was born, and I'm tired of carrying around the extra pounds. So in November I laced up my old running shoes and hit the gym. I either run on the treadmill or the indoor track. I think that's another reason I'm excited for Spring. No more running in circles. It's been a slow process, but since November I've lost 8.3 lbs. I'm slowly getting there, and I run so often and for so long that I've decided to start training for a half-marathon! Here's my new Asics that I got at Sport Chalet in Vacaville.


Going to the Bookstore:
Layla and I go to our local Borders a few times a week. It's either Borders or the gym! Since the weather has been so cold and snowy we haven't been able to do a lot of our favorite outdoor stuff all Winter. So when we start to get cabin fever we head over to Borders. Layla enjoys playing in the Children's section and finding new books for us to read.


Reading:
Well, we spend so much time at the bookstore, that we might as well get something out of it, right? A little while ago I was bored stiff and was having trouble finding books I could really get into and enjoy. So I picked up my old copy of Pride and Prejudice and got an idea. I'll go through all of Jane Austen's novels! There's only six, so it won't be too difficult, right? Wrong! Austen novels aren't the problem, it's all of her admirers! I didn't realize how many books have been written about her or inspired by her characters! Austen enthusiasts have taken the characters and written novels about what they think happened after the last page of the novel. They're so interesting! So I'm reading them all. I don't know what I was thinking, because my reading list is at 34 books...so far! I'm still reading Austen novels right now though. I finished Pride and Prejudice and Emma, and now I'm on Persuasion. It's been an easy read so far, and as long as I get some quiet reading time away from the toddler that likes to climb me I should be done by the end of the week.

No comments: