Friday, June 6, 2008

Beautiful Day!

The past few days have been crazy! We had tornado warnings and crazy thunderstorms! The night the tornado was close to Bellevue we loaded up the bathroom with pillows and blankets and water bottles and of course all the baby stuff. We were pretty well prepared and if we had to shelter in there we would have been nice and cozy with all that stuff. Luckily the cell of clouds lost any kind of rotation they had by the time they got near us. Though, the thunderstorm we had was crazy! The lightening was right above our house moving from cloud to cloud right over our heads, and not even seconds later thunder boomed and shook the walls in the house. I don't even know how to describe how loud this thunder was. Layla slept through all the crazy weather of course. She was in her happy place passed out on her daddy. Being from California, I've been in thunderstorms, but none like this! I prefer the kind that tornadoes don't come out of! Or give me a California earthquake any day over this tornado weather! We also had hail. In the area there were reports of golf ball sized hail, but in our yard we only saw pea sized hail. The second day, right before the storms came a transformer blew up in our neighborhood and the whole area's power went out for a while. We lit candles, and it was actually kind of cozy in the house all warm with the candles spending time hanging out together with out the T.V. on.
Today was a nice change from that crazy weather. It was a little windy out, but the sun was shining and it was nice and warm. Layla didn't like the sun, it was too bright for her, and the wind was a little too much for her to handle, but I think she enjoyed off roading in her stroller while daddy pushed her along the base lake. The base was having a barbecue for all the base personell and their families. Jer and I went and enjoyed a few hot dogs and sat listening to a live band playing some classic rock tunes. There were a lot of activities like rock climbing and those blow up water slides. The local police department were out there with the D.A.R.E. van and they had their bike cops hanging out. Layla wanted to see what it was like to be one of them, so we set her up on one of their bikes. I think she enjoyed herself.
Since Jeremy is leaving soon, and my friend Robin is coming to stay with me while he's gone, this is our last weekend alone together just the three of us. He decided to take a few days of leave to extend that, so I'm excited we get to spend more time together. It's going to be hard to be home with the baby with out him here, but I'm going to be in California and Utah most of the time he's gone. I'm only coming back to Nebraska to spend some time with Zver and I'm in a friends wedding here in Omaha.
We're going to miss daddy being home with us!

2 comments:

Fausett Family Facts said...

I am glad you guys survived the storm. How scary. Jen you look so good, looks like you had fun at the picnic. Layla is getting so big and looks cozy with her daddy. We miss you guys.

Britt n Mike said...

Wow how scary. I am glad that you guys are safe. If you get any good storm pictures send them my way. Mikey loves storms, especially tornados. The other day he sat on the couch, and watched the weather channel with my dad. How funny is that.