Thursday, June 19, 2008

Forts, Birds Nests, and Tattoos!


The other night we were bored and Layla was fussy. Finally we put her in her bouncy chair and set her up in front of the T.V. She sat there and happily watched Mobile Home Disaster on CMT. I think she likes red necks because anytime the host, Cap, would speak she'd get so excited and kick her little feet and smile. It was hilarious. Robin then jokingly suggested I build a fort to cure my boredom. Well, you should never joke about forts with me, because that is something I take very seriously. Yes, I built a fort in my living room using dining room chairs and blankets and pillows. Zver didn't know what to make of my awesome fort and wouldn't sit in it for long because he didn't know how to behave in a fort. Layla eventually became fussy again, so I brought her in to the fort with me! I think she enjoyed my fort. I know I did.
Since the weather has been so nice, Robin and I like to go sit out in our lawn chairs and enjoy the warm weather. I think she enjoys it because it's not as hot as hell like back in California. Even if it's cloudy and storming, it's still warm outside! In fact, we just came in from sitting out in the cloudy but warm weather and we sat out there and ate fudgecicles! Zver tried to eat them of course, and we let him lick the sticks when we were done. Anyways, while sitting out in the back yard I noticed there is a birds nest right above the patio! In our bog tree a birdie made her home, and I think she has eggs in there because she is always just sitting here with her little head popping up over the top. It's cute. I hope the little baby birdies are annoying and chirp all the time though.
Today Robin and I had appointments to go get tattoos. I got my start touched up. They weren't colored very well, and looked faded. So I had him turn them into nautical stars. They're pretty cool! He did a bad ass job. I think I'm going to go to him for all the rest of my tattoos. Robin got some old western style filigree behind her ear. It's a pretty design. Kind of looks like the swirls on Wyatt Earp's gun is the best way to describe that. It's really small and feminine and I think he did a great job on it! Thanks Bryan at Big Brain Tattoo in Omaha!

1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Thanks for adding more posts per page, it makes it easier to find my favorite video. The fort looks fun, Layla's face while she is in the fort is too cute. Just curious, what the hell is Robin doing? Zver looks like he is going to jump on her. Oh and by the way I love the picture you put up of "Daddy's girls"