Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Kicks, Naked Butts, and Lots of Urine.

So my mama bought me some new shoes at Sport Chalet where my brother and sister work. I got some really nice Adidas running shoes. I tried them on and it was like stepping into a cloud. They wrapped perfectly around my feet and it just felt right! Well, my mom and I walked all the way from her house and met my dad at the golf course (for those of you who don't know Vacaville or where my parents live, it's a LONG walk.) These new shoes made me feel so good that I made my mom run with me! I took off and told her to stay caught up. She did pretty damn good for a grama!!! We ran as much as we could and went as quickly as we could because we knew that my dad had some ice cold water waiting for us when we arrived at the golf course!
Layla no longer hates being naked. As a newborn, anytime Jeremy and I would change her diaper or put on a new onesie or get her in a bath, she'd scream! She hated being without clothes! Now she just sits around happy as can be wiggling her little butt around. It's really cute. My Layla, the little exhibitionist!
Today my mom changed her diaper and as soon as she opened the diaper, pee went everywhere. She had to act fast and cover her with the diaper so it wouldn't get all over the place. A few hours later, I was changing her and I took the diaper off and was wrapping it up and setting it to the side. When I looked back at Layla she was almost done peeing and she had gotten it all over the changing pad, herself, and the carpet! She of course thought this was the funniest thing ever, and I have to admit it was pretty dang cute.
Today we all went shopping in the new shopping center in Nut Tree. While at Borders my mom found the cutest little Sesame Street stuffed animal. It was a little blue Grover. He's bright blue, has big eyes and a big pink nose. Layla loves bright colors and she'll focus on faces and likes to look at eyes. So grama bought it for her and she's been loving staring at Grover! She grabs at him and feels how soft he is, and she'll try and talk to him and smile and laugh at him. It's so cute to watch her. She's growing so much and is able to do so much more!

2 comments:

PJ and Me said...

She was a little pee pot today. I am so glad she liked Grover. She gets so excited and wants to grab what is in front of her so bad. One day Layla, one day.

PJ and Me said...

Oh and by the way, your shoes are really sweet. I love flip flops the most but I do love running shoes too.