Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lightening Bugs


Okay, so for those of you who didn't know (or maybe I was the only one...) lightening bugs are REAL!! We don't have them in California and so I had never seen one. The other night I was on the phone with my mom and I was letting the dog out to pee and I saw a little light glow in the backyard. Robin and I went to investigate and they were lightening bugs!! I was so excited. I felt like a child watching fireworks for the first time. All over the backyard there were dozens of them lighting up their little butts. It was the coolest thing ever. We tried to get pictures, and I tried again today, but they are impossible to catch on film. Just like lightening. The past couple nights right after the sun goes down I've taken Zver out and we watch them. Last night and tonight Layla joined us, but she doesn't have the slightest clue what I'm getting so excited about. I had only ever seen them in movies and children's books so I thought they were just a made up bug to make the storyline better and more entertaining...but they're REAL! I love that they're here in the midwest because it's pretty fun to go out there and watch them. Zver likes to try and eat them. He'll eat just about anything. It's fun to watch him try and catch them in his mouth. He does the same thing with any kind of bug too. Flies will come in the house and he will chase them all over the place. My silly puppy.

3 comments:

Wendi's Secrets To Life said...

You didn't know Lighting Bugs were real? Me too were they cool? Oh yea the concert was awsome to bad you couldn't come then we could have had a better party. Maybe one time we can go to a concert together.

PJ and Me said...

That sounds so cool, maybe sometime I will be out there visiting and will get to see them.

Delaney the Undead said...

hahahaha....i grew up in chicago, so yes...i have seen and even *gasp* captured lighting bugs!


im not origionally a cali kid....