Monday, June 16, 2008

Good bye daddy.


So we got to celebrate Jeremy's first Father's Day as a daddy together, but I just got back from the airport after dropping him off. This is his first deployment, and it's especially hard because we are still newlyweds and I'm alone with the baby now. Luckily my best friend, Robin is here to help me out and as always Zver is never more than three feet away from me. It's nice to have someone here for me, but no one can ever make up for Jeremy's absent presence.
We've spent longer periods of time apart, but this one seems so much longer. Plus, there is a greater distance in between us. We used to only be a few states away from each other, but now there is an entire ocean separating us. I know that things could be so much worse. It's really not a long deployment like some other wives are going through right now, but it doesn't hurt any less. I miss him so much already. It feels like he's been gone a lot longer than a few hours.
=*(

1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Stay busy and the time will go by fast. We are thinking about all of you. Hang in there and stay strong.