Friday, June 20, 2008

Yucky shots.

Layla had to get her two month vaccines today. She was quite the little trooper, but she did scream. Loudly. Nobody likes getting needles stuck in their legs! She's been pretty cranky and took a looooong nap after we got home from dinner. She really needed the rest after such a hard day. I think the baby Tylenol helped her to feel better. I don't think she liked the taste of the medicine though. She had the face of "what's this?!"
Layla has grown to 23 inches and weighs 10lb 8oz!!! I could not believe the numbers on the scale! She's such a little chunky monkey! I don't remember what percentile the doctor said she's in, but he said that she is right on track and about average for her age. All her reflexes were excellent and he said that she seemed much more aware of what was going on around her for someone her age. I don't think she liked the doctor though. She didn't cry or anything while he checked her, she just had this look on her face that said "who is this new person? why is he moving me around? why is he trying to look up my nose?" She probably thought he was a weirdo. I really like the pediatricians on base here. They've all been really nice and helpful.
Jeremy is doing really well on his deployment. He is all in-processed and ready to start working and saving the world. The quicker he gets the job done the better. I'm hoping he comes home early! I know that is not going to happen though. We miss daddy! I know Layla misses him feeding her at four in the morning. It's weird, the first thing she does when I pick her up is just stare at me with a confused look. She's used to her daddy getting up and watching Mike&Mike on ESPN for an hour every morning. He's been doing that feeding with her since she got on that schedule soon after we got home from the hospital. I always put Mike&Mike on because I think they're funny and I think she can hear and is comforted by the fact that one thing hasn't changed. She still misses her daddy though. Layla is daddy's little princess and she just adores him!

1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Wow, she has gained 3 pounds, 4 oz. and grown 2 1/2 inches. since birth. She is growing like a little weed. Love the cute pictures.